NJIT EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIANS/CAMPUS SECURITY OFFICERS (EMT/CSO)
Who are THE NJIT EMT/CSO?
This group is a student-led organization of certified EMT's and CSO's volunteering 24/7 - working to support the medical needs and safety of the entire NJIT community. The EMT/CSO group was formed in November 2019, and has been serving the university community ever since.
Most of the students are EMT's in their own communities, but came together and saw the need for their services on NJIT's campus. Many are considering careers in the medical field, and volunteer for 8-hour shifts around the clock Monday through Friday.
Student EMTs provide a range of medical services, including CPR, defibrillation, bleeding control and other patient-stabilization protocols. They are state or nationally certified to care for patients while waiting for University Hospital emergency medical services to arrive, and also receive training by the NJIT Police Department, along with student CSOs, in community policing, internal affairs, dealing with hazardous materials and blood-borne pathogens, and more..
Where will the IMPACT OF YOUR SUPPORT BE FOCUSED?
Donations will offset the purchases of the following items:
- EMT or CSO Uniforms
- Professional First Responder Medical Kit
- Motorola two-way radios
- Industrial, disposable nitrile gloves
Help us succeed!
- We need as many people as possible to be talking about our project. Share with everyone can think of!
- Sharing on your social media platforms will help in promoting our project
- Here's an example of the type of thing you might say, to give you some inspiration: "Please share this project with anyone you think would support us! Post on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, share by email and phone, or in a conversation with your neighbors."
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know this project, the more likely we are to reach our goal.