Coming together to support NJIT students during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond!
As we faced the many challenges of the past few years, and look to the weeks and months ahead, we are sure of one thing at NJIT and that is: Highlanders care for each other, our loved ones, our communities, and our world. Wherever you live, all Highlanders share in the spirit of caring, and as a university community, we have the opportunity to show it with messages of kindness, some reassuring words, or as a gift that will have an immediate impact.
A gift to the Highlander Student Emergency Fund will assist students facing immediate financial hardships as a result of the pandemic. Your donation will support those NJIT students having been affected by the burden of COVID-19 or some other emergency situation.
Through this fund, NJIT will be making emergency grants available to assist students who are experiencing unexpected financial difficulty.
Your continued support will alleviate any short-term financial needs of students at NJIT.
Visit njit.edu for university updates and alternate ways of offering support to NJIT.
Where will the money go?
Where your donation will have an impact:
• Technology and connectivity needs related to distance learning
• Medical/Dental bills
• Other emergency or unforeseen circumstances
Generous donors like you will assist in sustaining the Highlander Student Emergency Fund, as the grants awarded need not be repaid. To date, 582 students have received grants totaling more than $264,000!
Thank you for supporting NJIT's students, and for making sure that they have the necessary resources needed to succeed, and continue to be safe and well. #highlandernation
Help us succeed!
- We need as many people as possible to be talking about your project. Everywhere you can think of!
- Here is an example of what you might say to someone that may offer some inspiration to donate and share information about this initiative: "Please share this project with anyone you think would support our efforts on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog."
- In fact, share this with everyone you know as we think it's a great initiative, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this a tremendous success in support of NJIT students.